For the Department of Public Health and Preventive Medicine on the UT web site, click here.
Click here for the NOCPH Public Health Student Organization on Facebook.
For the UT Department of Public Health and Preventive Medicine on Facebook, click here.
Health and Preventive Medicine in Action
Dr. Paul Rega, MD, and Dr. Brian Fink, PhD, provide video discussion of issues in the news related to public health. The videos are timely and informative! Click below. For the Video Archives, click here.
- An Incident in West Virginia: The First Three Days--Real Life Example of Emergency Preparedness
- Hypothermia and the Older Adult
- Raw Milk: An Udderly Serious Problem!
- ChikungunyaWhat in the World is that?
- Measles--The Childhood disease still is a threat.
- Meningitis at Princeton University
- A Case of Vibrio Vulnificus How swimming in warm water can kill you..............
- Everything You Want to Know About the Flu Vaccine
- It's Flu Season!
Pandemic and Disaster Preparedness
- Prepping for Disaster
- Smallpox Pandemic Preparedness
- Pandemic Preparation in Sardina
- Panic on the Pike! Local emergency drill.
- Public Health in Disaster Scenarios: Re-examining Memorial Hospital After Katrina
- In the Wake of Haiyan: Disaster in the Philipine
- Sarin in Syria and a Look Back
- POLIO IN THE MIDDLE EAST
- Polonium & Litvinenko: The beginning of an era of "nuclear terrorism"
Monthly Public Health Forum
The UT Department of Public Health and Preventive Medicine and the Northwest Ohio Consortium for Public Health sponsor the Public Health Forum on the second Thursday of each month. The PHF features an expert on a topic of interest and concern to public health students, faculty and professionals in related fields. Unless noted, forums are held in Collier 1050 on the UT Health Science Campus.